Yercaud is a quiet and near-pristine hillstation in Tamil Nadu. It is perched at an altitude of 1,500 m above sea level and is located in the Shevaroys range of hills in the Eastern Ghats. Yercaud is an enchanting and picturesque hill station and there are plenty of things to do in Yercaud for visitors.
1. FLORA: Much like the rest of the region, Yercaud is known for its coffee plantations. But here people can also find densely laid out orange trees. In Yercaud don’t miss the delightful orchidarium with a large collection of native orchids.
2. FAUNA: Wildlife loves will enjoy spotting bison, deer and more. Partridges, kites, swallows and more will thrill birdwatching enthusiasts. Trekking is one of the top things to do in Yercaud and offers good opportunities for wildlife spotting.
3. SERVARAYAN TEMPLE: Set at a height of 5326 feet, this is Yercaud’s highest point. So, it attracts people for more than its spiritual value. The view from here is a photographer’s delight, particularly at sunset.
4. THE YERCAUD LAKE: This usually uncrowded and clear lake is surrounded by greenery and thick woods. In May, Anna Park, the Lake’s beautifully manicured garden is the venue of a popular Summer Festival. Near the Lake you can find the Deer Park, where spotted deers are housed.
5. KILLIYUR WATERFALLS: This beautiful, 300 feet high waterfall is found in the Eastern ghats. Guests can join a visit to this waterfall along with a trip to the lake as they are merely 3kms apart. The final 500m stretch to the waterfall is steep and trying, but it is worth the effort.
6. THE LADY’S SEAT: This popular tourist site is shared by many nearby hillstations like Coonoor and Ooty. From here, visitors can enjoy panoramic views of the ghats around. At night, the bright lights of Salem town are a sight to behold. With a clear sky, it almost feels that there are stars both above and beneath you.
7. PAGODA POINT: This is also another popular viewpoint in Yercaud. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Rama here. But it is mostly an attraction for those looking for scenic vistas of the region.
8. ANNA PARK: This lovely Park is a favourite amongst families. It is located near Yercaud Lake and has activities which cater to children such as slides. Inside make sure you don’t miss the Japanese park, where flora is grown in traditional Japanese style.
If you are interested in trying some of these things to do in Yercaud then get in touch with our reservations team who can help you plan a fantastic itinerary.
Find out about the homestay experience and don't forget to check out our ideas on things to do in India or browse our India homestays.