The Commonwealth Games 2010 are scheduled to be held in Delhi between 3 October and 14 October 2010. The games will be the largest multi-sport event held in Delhi to date and will attract thousands of visitors to the city. If you are not sure where to stay during the Commonwealth Games 2010 consider one of our six new homestays in Delhi.
HOMESTAYS IN DELHI
Located in gurgaon’s Hero Honda Chowk is Birchwood homestay, a warm homestay with three spacious and comfortable rooms. The homestay’s large living and dining areas, it’s small garden and backyard are great places to unwind. The home is close to all the great mall of Gurgaon and Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary.
For those who appreciate old world charm, history and the spirit of Purani Dilli (Old Delhi) Casa homestay is the perfect choice. Located in an old residential building in Daryagunj, this homestay has large guest bedroom with en-suite bathroom, dining and living area. Casa is a short drive from Chandni Chowk, which offers a uniquely Indian shopping experience and has some of the best street food served in India.
Delhi Bed and Breakfast is a centrally located in Delhi and in close proximity to all of the city’s most famous tourists destinations. The house has a vibrant décor with Rajasthani influences. The homestay rooms are sweet and warm with en-suite bathrooms. The communal area is designed to let in natural light.
Built in 1974, House of Lords is located in the posh Friends Colony. The House of Lords homestay has two large guest rooms, a big living room and a dining area where homemade dishes are served. The living area has an attached balcony where one can sit and enjoy people watching. Most of Delhi’s popular landmarks and shopping centers are just a short drive from the homestay.
Serene homestay acts an oasis within the chaos of Delhi’s urban life. The homestay has an earthy, warm and soothing ambience. It has three spacious double bedded rooms with well stocked ensuite bathrooms and a huge living room with a small balcony attached. Located in South Delhi it is nearby the major shopping and dining hubs of Delhi like Connaught Place, Janpath, Hauz Khas Village and Dilli Haat.
The Estate is peaceful homestay in Mehrauli, far from the hustle bustle of the main city. It has four guest rooms with private balconies facing the lawn and a family suite. The lawn has a hammock and a swing seat and is great place to relax. The homestay is close to the Qutab Minar and the beautiful temples in Chhattarpur.
WHY CHOOSE A HOMESTAY?
There are lot’s of advantages for staying in a homestay for the Commonwealth Games 2010:
- Spacious rooms: These homestays have large rooms, big terraces, lush lawns and sometimes even big backyards. Most Mahindra homestays are located in prime colonies and these areas of South Delhi are known for their smart homes.
- Safety: As many of our homestays are found in prime locations they are inherently safe. The colonies are well guarded and before they become a member of the Mahindra Homestay family, background checks of the family are performed by the local police.
- Service with a smile: Hosts at the homestays truly give meaning to the age-old Indian adage: Atithi Devo Bhava (Guest is God). Most homestays are small which enables the hosts to give personal attention to their guests. Food is always freshly prepared at home and includes continental cuisines and regional delicacies. The hosts are almost always fluent in English.
- Modern facilities: When a homestay ties up with Mahindra Homestays it comes with a guarantee of modern facilities at par with most hotels. Rooms come with en-suite bathrooms with hot and cold running water and internet and Laundry services are provided. On request pick-ups and drops to airports, train stations as well as customized sightseeing tours can be arranged easily from the homestay.
- High standards: Before associating with a homestay, the home is audited and checked for cleanliness, safety and comfort. Mystery audits are conducted regularly to ensure strict adherence to standards. Honest feedback, as received from the guests is posted on the website.
- Extend your visit: A trip to enjoy the Commonwealth Games can be part of a longer exploration through India. Custom tour packages are easily available. Our homestays range from forts and palaces in the Indian heartland to sprawling farms overlooking Kerala’s backwaters. Even homestays located in the midst of wilderness are available to enchant you from Ladakh to Sikkim and way down South.
Find out about the homestay experience and don't forget to check out our ideas on things to do in India or browse our India homestays.