India’s most popular festival is approaching.
With its plentiful lights, fireworks and human joy, the occasion delivers some awe-inspiring images for photographers. So we thought we’d pick out a few of our favourites...
1. India’s iconic Taj Mahal sits quietly as Deewali lights up the surrounding city of Agra.
2. A young sadhu (holy man) paints his face at Deewali.
Photo: Meanest Indian
3. Girl creating a ‘rangoli’, a ritual design with coloured powder, before Diwali.
4. A young lady’s face is lit up by the celebratory candles.
Photo: Swami Stream
5. Candles in the window and an illuminated sky create a cool mood.
Photo: Super is Sunny
6. “We vow to make our life a celebration,” says one couple.
7. Dancer at a Deewali festival event.
9. Indians across the world celebrate – here a couple in Belgium enjoy the sparkles.
10. And in Little India, Singapore, the streets glow.
If you are a Facebook user, join our fan page and upload your own Deewali images for a chance to win a prize.
Find out about the homestay experience and don't forget to check out our ideas on things to do in India or browse our India homestays.